It’s no secret that commuting can be a huge time suck. But it’s possible to make the most of that time by doing productive things on your commute. Here are 21 productive things you can do on your commute to make the most of your time.
1. Listen to a Podcast: There are a variety of podcasts available on a range of topics, from business and personal development to comedy and entertainment. Listening to a podcast can help pass the time and learn something new in the process.
2. Read a Book: Reading a book is a great way to make the most of your commute. Whether you’re into fiction or nonfiction, there’s a book out there for everyone.
3. Practice a Language: If you’re trying to learn a new language, make the most of your commute by practicing. You can either listen to audio lessons or use a mobile app to practice your language skills.
4. Learn Something New: Take the time to learn something new on your commute. Whether it’s a new language, a new skill, or a new hobby, use your commute time to broaden your horizons.
5. Meditate or Practice Mindfulness: Commuting can be stressful, so take the time to relax and practice mindfulness. Try a guided meditation app or just take a few deep breaths to help relax and center yourself.
6. Plan Your Day: Use your commute to plan out your day. Make a list of tasks you need to accomplish and prioritize them so you can make the most of your day.
7. Brainstorm Ideas: Use your commute to brainstorm ideas for your business, personal projects, or anything else. Take out a notebook and write down your ideas or use a voice recorder to capture them.
8. Catch Up on Work: If you have to, use your commute to catch up on work. Make sure to set boundaries so you don’t spend the entire commute glued to your laptop.
9. Make a To-Do List: Make a list of tasks you need to accomplish that day and prioritize them. This will help you stay organized and ensure you get the most important tasks done.
10. Write: Pull out your laptop or notebook and write. You can write about your day, your thoughts, or anything else. Writing can help clear your head and get your creative juices flowing.
11. Listen to Music: Listen to your favorite tunes to help pass the time. Create a playlist for your daily commute so you don’t get bored.
12. Catch Up With Friends: Use your commute to catch up with friends or family. Whether you call them or send a text, it’s a great way to stay in touch with the people you care about.
13. Research: Research a topic that interests you on your commute. Use the time to learn something new and expand your knowledge.
14. Network: Use your commute to network. Make connections with people in your industry or search for new opportunities.
15. Exercise: Exercise can help reduce stress and improve your physical and mental health. Do some stretches, jog in place, or just take a brisk walk.
16. Listen to an Audiobook: Audiobooks are a great way to make the most of your commute. Whether you’re into fiction or nonfiction, there’s an audiobook out there for everyone.
17. Play Games: Play a game on your phone or tablet to help pass the time. Mobile games are great for keeping your mind active and sharp.
18. Organize Your Space: Take a few minutes to organize your purse, backpack, or briefcase. Cleaning out your space can help clear your head and make the most of the time you have.
19. Eat a Healthy Snack: Eating a healthy snack can help you stay energized and alert. Bring a snack with you to help keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
20. Make a Vision Board: Use your commute to create a vision board. Cut out images and words from magazines that represent your goals and dreams and paste them onto a board.
21. Review Your Goals: Take the time to review your goals and determine what steps you need to take to achieve them. Use your commute to reflect and make a plan for the future.
Making the most of your commute doesn’t have to mean wasting time. By doing productive activities, you can turn your commute into a productive time that helps you stay focused and motivated.