Cyber Crime Helpline is a toll-free number (1930) that assists victims of cybercrimes in India. The helpline was launched in the year 2020 by the Indian Government to help citizens report cybercrime and seek support in dealing with it. The helpline is managed by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), which is a part of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. Earlier, it was 155260
Cybercrime is a growing menace in India, with more and more people becoming victims of cybercrime every day. Cybercriminals use various methods to commit a variety of crimes such as phishing, identity theft, intellectual property theft, cyberstalking, cyberbullying, and more. As a result, it has become increasingly important for citizens to be aware of the growing threat of cybercrime and take necessary steps to protect themselves.
The Cyber Crime Helpline is the first step in reporting cyber crime and seeking assistance. The helpline provides a safe and secure platform for citizens to report cyber crimes and seek help from the CERT-In team. The helpline is available 24X7 and is free of cost.
Also Read :- Basic Cyber Safety Tips For Girls
When calling the Cyber Crime Helpline, the caller needs to keep certain information ready before making the call:
- First, the caller must have all the details of the cybercrime that has been committed, such as the website or email address where the crime was committed, the type of crime, the name of the cybercriminal, and the date and time of the incident.
- Second, the caller must have a copy of the police complaint that was filed, if any.
- Third, the caller must also have a copy of the cybercrime report that was filed, if any.
- Fourth, the caller must have a copy of the cyber security measures that have been taken to protect the computer or device from further cyber threats.
- Fifth, the caller must have a list of the cyber crimes that have been committed by the same cybercriminal, if any.
Once the caller has all the necessary information ready, the helpline representative will provide them with the necessary assistance. The representative will ask the caller to provide details of the incident, and if required, they will forward the complaint to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
The helpline representative will also provide the caller with guidance and advice on how to protect themselves from future cyber attacks. In addition to the helpline, the CERT-In website has information and resources on cybercrime, cyber security, and other related issues. The website also provides a list of cyber security tips, which can help citizens protect themselves from cybercrime
Cybercrime is a growing problem in India, and the Cyber Crime Helpline is a great way for citizens to seek assistance and report cybercrime. By keeping the necessary information ready before calling the helpline, citizens can ensure that they get the best possible assistance and support in dealing with cybercrime.
Read more News :- Entrepreneur Ethics